REQUIREMENTS: ALL Applicants must be:
- 18 years of age
- Able to pass a drug test
- Legally eligible to work in the US
- If assigned to a government project, US citizenship and clear background check may be required.
- Additional Requirements for Craftworkers:
- Must have own transportation to and from jobsite every workday (driver’s license not required)
- Must provide own hand tools (excluding power tools)
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
Primary Function of Carpenter:
- Build and set forms to pour concrete.
- Work outside in various weather conditions, both hot and cold.
- Walk, stand, twist, bend, and stoop for entire shift.
- Follow instructions of Foreman and Superintendent while working in a team setting.
- 40-hour work week with possible overtime.
Typical Duties include but are not limited to:
- Prepare layout, using a rule or measuring tape and framing square.
- Mark cutting and assembly lines on materials, using a pencil, chalk, and marking gauge.
- Construct forms and chutes for pouring concrete.
- Erect scaffolding and ladders for assembling structures above the ground level.
- Erect built-in-place forms or assemble and install prefabricated forms.
- Anchor and brace forms to fixed objects, using nails, bolts, anchor rods, and steel cables.
- Layout and install embeds in concrete formwork.
- Proficient in rigging and flagging cranes. (Additional training will be provided if necessary)
- Must be safety minded and adhere to all safety policies.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience:
- Must have a minimum 3 years of experience in heavy construction, specifically with knowledge of stick framed, Symons, and gang form systems.
- Work within precise standards of accuracy
- Must have basic carpenter tools
- Compare and see differences in the size, shape, and forms of lines, figures, and objects
- Must follow policies and procedures and support MEB’s goals and values
If you are interested in applying, click here to submit your information: Apply Now!