REQUIREMENTS: ALL Applicants must be:
- 18 years of age
- Able to pass a drug test
- Legally eligible to work in the US
- Must be able to pass DMV screen requirements established by MEB’s Insurance Carrier
- If assigned to a government project, US citizenship and clear background check may be required.
- Additional Requirements for Craftworkers:
- Must have own transportation to and from jobsite every workday (driver’s license not required)
- Must provide own hand tools (excluding power tools)
- May be expected to travel where the project requires (multi-state opportunities)
Primary Function: Safely operates heavy equipment including, but not limited to excavator, dump truck, loader, backhoe, tamper, water truck, and bulldozer.
Typical Duties include but are not limited to:
- Operate a variety of vehicles and large heavy equipment while performing work inside industrial facilities, on roads and in right-of-ways including excavating, loading, hauling, and dumping.
- Load gravel, dirt and sand; smooth and grade roads; spread rock and gravel.
- Excavate trenches and construct ditches for installation of culverts, water pipes and sewer pipes; remove silt and debris.
- Install various forms of trench and excavation shoring systems including trench boxes, sheets, plates, and hydraulic shoring
- Make minor repairs and adjustments to equipment while in the field.
- Evaluate lifting capacities of equipment & rigging versus weights of lifted materials.
- Knowledgeable of equipment in respect to checking and maintaining all fluid levels and lubrication.
- Assist other crafts when equipment is not in use.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience:
- In some cases, may need the ability to read engineering drawings
- Practice good safety habits
- Possess knowledge in utility and site grading/construction
- Read survey markings
- Follow instructions and meet set standards
- Judge distances and slopes accurately
- Make decisions based on verifiable standards
- Must have five (5) years of experience safely operating equipment such as dump truck, loader, track hoe, backhoe, tamper, water truck and bulldozer.
If you are interested in applying, click here to submit your information: Apply Now!