MEB is excited to announce that we will continue our service to NAVFAC and Norfolk Naval Shipyard with the recent award of the P678 – Dry Dock 8 Saltwater System project. This project will update and improve the saltwater piping and pumping systems for the 1,042-foot-long dry dock that officially opened in 1942.
MEB’s estimating and marketing teams worked for several months to prepare a best-value proposal with a total value of $168,758,300 and a construction period of 48 months. There are schedule constraints related to adjacent projects and the shipyard schedule that divide the project scope into two phases.
Phase 1 includes:
- electrical upgrades around the dry dock
- 4160V service modifications in Pump Well 8
- main drain pump motor replacement
- modifications to drain pumps in the pumpwell
Phase 2 includes:
- replacement of Pump Station 6
- replacement of Pump Station 8
- Dry Dock 8 piping systems